Who is The Tea Stylist?
Linda Gaylard is author of The Tea Book, by DK Publishing (a division of Penguin Random House). Linda is also a Certified Tea Sommelier located in the city of Toronto, Canada. She graduated from a comprehensive program of study developed by George Brown College, with certification by The Tea Association of Canada. During her year-long training, Linda studied an extensive program of courses, including sensory perception, tea and food pairing, tea regions and terroir, tea history among other tea focused subjects.
In 2012, Linda travelled to South Korea and China. She visited artisan tea growers in Gyeongsangnam-do and tea gardens in Jeollanam-do – both are provinces at the southern tip of South Korea. While visiting Fujian and Zhejiang provinces of China she met with growers, producers, retailers and artisans.
The Tea Stylist is an ever-evolving weblog that provides readers – whether tea novices or enthusiasts – with knowledge of tea and its culture. You’ll also find engaging articles, reviews and photographs that illustrate tea’s influence on our world and highlight style’s intersection with tea, past and present.
Prior to her tea studies, Linda achieved renown as a wardrobe stylist and influencer within the fashion world. Her experience provides a unique perspective for readers who are seeking a diverse approach to tea appreciation. From tea’s noble past and courtly customs to innovative products and current news, The Tea Stylist makes a thorough examination of the universe of tea.
Speaker and Writer:
- Speaker at Bata Shoe Museum
- Speaker at Toronto Tea Festival
- Speaker at World Tea Expo
- Speaker at Tea Guild of Canada
Linda is a contributor to The Daily Tea (TeaMag) and has written for World Tea News
Interviews with The Tea Stylist:
- The Tea Book interviews and reviews on Google+ page
- January 4, 2012 Article in the National Post
- January 12 2012 Video on CTV News Channel
- CTV interview with The Tea Stylist by Kieron Lang
A Series of videos about Tea for Life Style Videos:
- Matcha Popcorn Topper
- How to Pair Food with Tea
- Tea Basics
- How to Throw a Tea Party
- Accessories for the Tea Enthusiast
Contact The Tea Stylist for:
Illustrated talks on tea
- A History of Tea Ware
- The Many Ways of Tea – Tea’s Journey Around the World
- High Style: A Fashionable History of Tea.
- Tea tastings for small or large (40+) groups.
- Tea and food pairing
- Custom tea events
- Tea 101
- Tea Regions and Terroir
- How to Prepare and Appreciate Tea Types
Tea Industry Consulting
- Tea menu consulting for restaurants
- Tea brand and market consulting
- Loose Leaf tea descriptions and web copy
- Signature tea blending
- Tea Cocktail and tea beverage recipes
- Tea writing for food, beverage and travel magazines